1 Year Before Relocation
- Apply for Visas or permits
- Determine plans for your current residence
- Research International Moving companies
- Search airfares – determine the amount of luggage you will have
- Plan a vacation to your place of relocation to understand the area
- Determine what you will do with you car and pet(s)
6 Months Before Relocation
- Research Neighborhoods
- Consider Hiring a Real Estate Agent
- Choose your International Moving company
- Take out moving insurance, if additional coverage is necessary
- Get shots, vaccinations, boosters, or any medications you might need
- Consult international health advisory professional
3 Months Before Relocation
- Book your flight
- Confirm move date.
- Arrange short-term accommodations if you haven’t found a home yet.
- Gather your children’s medical and educational records
- Slim down your belongings through donations, garage sales, ebay, etc.
- Determine if you will be keeping your banking account. Consider Banking Partnerships
- If not expatriating your job, notify your work of your plans
1 Month Before Relocation
- Arrange postal re-direction
- Start packing
- Gather travel documents
- Cancel your bills and monthly withdrawals
- If closing your banking account, notify your bank and find out the necessary actions to take.